I’m writing this whilst collapsed in an exhausted, floral print dress-clad heap on the floor, exhausted from an incredibly busy, but brilliant, couple of months…
…lies, I’m at ITN, banging out a script for my showbiz bulletin on ITV2, but please hold the image: it’s an apt, amusing and (in no way) attractive depiction of how I’m doing…
SO, for those perusing the world of the Red24 blogs, instead of enjoying the sun*: a) why are you not enjoying the sun? And b) you might be interested in what I’ve been up to this summer so far, so here’s a little run-down of my June/July japes in bullet-point-meets-picture format:
- Moved house. Bye bye Holloway, hello Dalston. Not ashamed.
- Trained with BBC Radio Cambridgeshire. Learned to drive this bad boy. Got a little show in the pipeline next month, watch this space…
- Presented a brand new set of shows on Vevo, alongside the amazing Cheyenne Davide and Ste Hinde, produced by Lemonade Money. VVV runs down the hottest music videos dropping each week, VVVision brings you the freshest upcoming artists to look out for, while VVVintage is our chance to look back at our favourite past jams. So. Much. Fun.
- Produced a cooking show for Peninsula Films. Some haute cuisine right there.
- Hosted the fantastic Federation of Small Business Awards (Hertfordshire & Bedfordshire heats): both excellent nights, which were beautifully organised. Huge congratulations to all of the winners! This is my expression at the daunting prospect of starting a business. Respect.
- Bro graduated. Went to Glasgow. Nice day.
- Hosted the SunWalk Festival in Battersea Park: A day of musical performances, fairground entertainments, food and fun for all the family, in support of the Walk The Walk breast cancer charity. Thousands of fundraisers participated in the 5k, 10k and half marathon walks, raising money for this very important cause. I, meanwhile, faced my fear and allowed a snake from the reptile show tent to squeeze my arm. All in the name of entertaining the crowd.
- Hosted ‘Playtime’ with 1Xtra’s Fontz and comedians Kojo and Jamie Howard: a showcase of new musical acts held at Under The Bridge at Stamford Bridge in Chelsea. Had to apologise to Craven Cottage.
- Slipped back onto ITV2 to write, produce and present FYI Daily, rounding up your showbiz goss every day, and making wild speculations about average boybands (see report on Union J’s new video in my 22/07 bulletin).
- AND FINALLY, I’ll be rounding up July presenting and producing The Breakfast Fix and The Fix over on 4Music. It’s had a slight rework since I last Fixed things up, so have been learning the ropes and will now be responsible not only for writing and voicing it, but also do the full edit. Let’s see how this goes…
I also hit up Latitude Festival towards the end of July, which was a welcome 3-day break. Lots of excellent comedy, lots of fun dancing, no pictures appropriate for this blog…
Happy rest of summer folks!
* let’s face it, it’s probably not going to be sunny by the time you read this. England.
P.S. Sorry, this is basically just Instagram… you could have seen it all.